AVP, Employee Relations Specialist
New York, NY
The AVP, Employee Relations Specialist acts as the primary point of contact for employee relations issues across Apple Bank. The incumbent manages the ER lifecycle by working closely with management and staff regarding people-related issues including but not limited to: employee relations, coaching, employee development and engagement. The Specialist assists the Manager of Employee Relations with the development and implementation of policies, programs and procedures that determine best practice frameworks in order to promote positive employee relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as primary point of contact for employee relations issues.
- Review and approve employee disciplinary actions.
- Review and approve involuntary terminations consistent with Apple Bank policies and procedures; attend termination meetings.
- Consult with and advise management regarding the interpretation of policies/practices to ensure compliance with legal and administrative requirements; facilitate resolution of issues.
- Provide coaching to managers in order to enhance their people and performance management skills.
- Conduct follow up to complaints, as well as employee relations investigations as applicable.
- Conduct exit interviews; generate quarterly and annual HR metrics.
- Provide feedback to HR and Department Managers regarding trends identified in exit interviews.
- Update and maintain complaints tracking and warning logs.
- Maintain investigation files.
- Liaise with Legal Department, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, and Corporate Training, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and city employment laws.
- Prepare applicable written materials for documentation and conveying information.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, programs and procedures related to employee relations.
- Participate in regulatory and HR audits.
- Assist with annual AAP/EEO-1/VETS 4212 reporting.
- Assist with annual update to employee handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required; HR certification preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources including at least 3 years of employee relations experience.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution.
- Prior experience conducting employee investigations; use of complaint system preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with highly sensitive matters.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated analytical problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with a demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.