The Chemical Operator 1 is responsible for operating a forklift, pump, or other pieces of equipment, or performing tasks at the direction of the supervisor/product group leader. The Operator will collaborate with others to carry out operations in a production packaging area, and may be asked to perform as part of a team. This person will also be responsible for performing work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Operate a fork lift with certification.
• Perform preventive maintenance of equipment.
• Maintain accurate record keeping within the department.
• Fill product into drums and portable totes.
• Ensure label containers are in accordance with 49 CFR and current GHS standards.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Load and unload empty drums from a trailer.
• Participate in training meetings.
• Performance must include good manufacturing practices, safety, and compliance with all company rules and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• 2 years minimum relevant work experience (e.g. production, loading, unit maintenance) in a chemical plant, manufacturing environment, or military is required.
• Forklift experience is preferred.
• Must be proficient in math, English language reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 50 lbs, stand, climb, push and pull, grasp, stoop and crouch, sit, reach, walk,
determine color, smell, and listen/hear. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.