To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12636 Sunset Avenue
Ocean City, MD 21842
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Project Manager-Ocean City, MD
ARK Systems, Inc • Ocean City, MD
Posted 25 days ago
ARK Systems, Inc. has been providing superior service to our valued customers since 1973. We specialize in the systems integration of fire, security, sound, voice and data systems.
We are seeking an experienced, career-oriented individual with exceptional leadership skills to join our team as an Operations Project Manager for our Ocean City, MD office!
General Purpose of the Position:
This position manages and oversees the contractor sales installation, service and contracts departments for the Ocean City office. This position’s major responsibilities include the leadership, direct oversight, cost control and profitability, responsible allocation of company resources, quality control, technical guidance to customers and managers, and customer service policies and procedures. This individual must direct the resolution of departmental and customers concerns and portray ARK in a positive manner to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned:
×Maintains a staff of qualified managers and administrative support.
×Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned as related to company standards.
×Maintains company standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned, evaluations and performance issues.
×Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
×Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
×Fosters a cooperative and harmonious climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Oversight and assurance of proper daily scheduling coordination within the departments assigned.
- Oversight of material requisitioning per job specifications, requirements and company estimates/ proposals.
- Oversight, monitoring and control of complete project cost control from ordering of material to customer acceptance, final material reconciliation and project closeout.
- Recommends policy and procedure changes, staffing adjustments, restructuring, new processes, etc., in order to increase the company and associated departments efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees the process of job revisions and monthly invoicing on a timely basis.
- Oversees the processes and coordination of efficient material deliveries.
- Coordinates and provides feedback to other departments (accounting, project development and sales) to improve company efficiency and effectiveness.
- Verifies and approves timecards and expense reports from subordinates.
- Responsible for the oversight of clear, complete, concise information and resources to be given to the technical staff so they may perform their job in an efficient manner.
- Reviews work in process reports monthly and updates as applicable.
- Reviews P/L statements monthly to assure compliance with established company quotas and minimum financial goals. Makes adjustments in daily operations as required to assure financial compliance.
- Provides accounting with information as required.
- The oversight of complete customer support and satisfaction.
- Applies ARK mission, policies and philosophy and assures its compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have basic business and financial knowledge and experience.
- Must have customer relations training/experience/skills.
- Field electronic/electrical practical systems experience required. Ability to interpret specifications and contract documents is necessary.
- Experience leading, supervising, coaching and developing staff of at least 15+ people
- Good oral/written communication skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work in a high volume/fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Must have a positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management staff and employees.
- Must have and maintain a clear criminal record in order to obtain and hold a security registration in multiple states as required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver license insurable through our insurance carrier.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office Suite including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Previous experience with construction management software such as Maxwell, Vista or Sage is a plus! Other programs as required to perform above duties.
Education and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated leader who has worked in a supervisory role for a minimum of 5+ years. They should also possess at least an AA or higher. A minimum of a two-year degree in Electronics, equivalent technical/trade school and/or applicable experience supplemented with 5-10 years of directly related technical and management experience in the Life Safety/security industry is desired.
Most work performed is in an office (local or remote) environment; however, working conditions vary between site visits.
ARK offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, in addition to tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick leave plans, and a matching 401(k) Plan.
Enjoy the opportunity to work with the state of the art technology! Maximize your potential with ARK!
ARK Systems is an EOE M/F/D/V