Retail Associate I AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with guests with a smile demonstrating confidence and encourages all customers to come back, by constantly exceeding guest expectations
- Creates enthusiasm by inviting guests to participate in the growth of knowledge about food, coffee and tea’s.
- Responsible for providing fresh and quality food, brewed coffee and teas.
- Prepares specialized coffee drinks, such as espressos, cafe latte, cappuccinos, by brewing espresso and steamed milk.
- Prepares and serves items such as salads, sandwiches, entrees and pizzas.
- Daily cleaning duties to also include equipment, counter tops, tables, floors, ovens, coolers, and glass.
- Tenders all cash handling and credit card transactions, balances all transactions to daily deposits
- Reports any discrepancies to manager or Director.
- Replenishes daily back up bank to the per- determined amount
- Inventories and orders food, beverage, paper, plastic supplies and monitors usage.
- Adheres to all Food and Nutrition Services policy and procedures
- Maintains a level of cleanliness that meets Health Department standards and Infection Control policy and procedures
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities.
- Temperature monitoring on all food products.
- Is able to create, propose and maintain a schedule for the hours of operation.
- Verifies coverage with Food Production Manager and or Director.
- Is capable of running a Point of Sales system with computer skills and knowledge of the system relative to the job responsibilities.
What You Will Need:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work week.
- Ability and willingness to make decision based on customer service and financial outcomes
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Please note: A Certificate of Completion is not an equivalent to a high school diploma
- Minimum of six (6) months direct food service experience
- Meet all guests’ needs with an excellent level of product knowledge, presentation, quality, speed of service, sales and guest relation’s with skill and teamwork.
- Operates and maintains Food Service/Catering Areas and serves beverages, meals and snacks.
- Brews coffee and Tea’s using coffee urns, drip or vacuum coffee makers, espresso machines, teapots, drink mixers and other kitchen equipment.
- Sets up, prepares, and breaks down all meal periods for guests.
- Schedules and maintains hours of operation, sanitation and monitoring of all food items.
- Recommend and keeps track of food items, stocked supplies, menu suggestions, promotions, cash and credit card transaction
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.