You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Growth Lead, Organic Content
We are looking for an experienced Growth Lead to bring Babbel’s best-in-class teaching videos, expert linguistics content, and more to a wider audience of language learners.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has just been named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 70 countries share in Babbel's purpose of creating mutual understanding through language.
Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City, where this position is based.
About the role:
The person taking this new role will partner with content leads on audience development and crafting initiatives that introduce Babbel content to new readers across the globe and build loyalty with its existing audience, and will be responsible for implementing a content distribution strategy that will extend the reach and amplification across search, newsletters, multiple social networks, and more. The person stepping into this role knows how to translate data into actionable insights for the creatives behind our organic social, video, and blog content. This person should also have an eye for revenue, with an understanding of how organic content drives awareness and generates leads among potential subscribers.
If you’re the right candidate for this role, you are knowledgeable about which analytics tools are best and can consolidate data from multiple sources into cohesive dashboards and monthly reports. Whether you’re measuring the performance of a TikTok series (we do a particularly great one on “Translating Spanish Literally”) or the Babbel TikTok as a whole, you craft meaningful KPIs that are inclusive of high-level content strategy and departmental goals.
Ideally, you’re also interested in language and linguistics: Using analytics to usher a video or article about “The Best Time of Day To Practice Learning a Language” or “The Most Bizarre Idioms in Every Language” to the right corners of the internet should sound like a fun afternoon of work. Some of the projects you’ll work on in your first three to six months include: Using analytics to inform ideation and iteration for a new content strategy; working with CRM to test concepts for an organic newsletter that Babbel fans can’t wait to open; finding new distribution channels for our expert-written blog content; and developing data-driven growth plans and KPIs for all of our owned organic channels.
Babbel is a place where you’re empowered to think big and be bold. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our organic audience growth strategy while leading and mentoring a talented, creatively charged team of social media managers and producers.
This role is based in our NYC office and reports to the Global Director of Organic Content.
- Oversee organic social media strategy and develop data-driven growth plans for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Work closely with the Global Organic Content Director to create and meet organic growth KPIs
- Measure the performance of organic content and provide data-driven insights
- Directly manage and mentor a team of four social media managers and producers
- Collaborate with SEO team on Babbel Magazine audience development and content distribution
- Collaborate with CRM on organic newsletter strategy
- 7+ years of experience with a major media outlet, brand, or digital marketing agency
- 2+ years management experience
- A master of digital analytics platforms and tools, such as Falcon, Dash Hudson, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Tableau, and Sistrix
- Able to communicate data into actionable creative insights
- Expertise in all of the following: social media, SEO, newsletters, partnerships
- Has managed paid social and follower growth campaigns for Instagram and TikTok
- A passion and genuine interest in linguistics, languages, and culture
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, frequently working closely with the SVP, CEO and other managers
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- Flexible and hybrid work environment, with 2 days/week required in office
Salary Range: $100,000/yr -$115,000/yr, bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Brand Identity
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Digital Marketing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI02-10440_3530721260
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.