BGIS is currently seeking a Site Technician to join the team. As the Site Technician, you will be supporting the engineering team of a large campus in an exciting financial setting.
Start your career in building maintenance, leveraging your new certifications, and training by partnering with a senior maintenance tech at a state of the art critical facility in the Mount Laurel, NJ area. Learn new skills and grow in your career of choice.
Who we are:
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services, and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
What is in it for you?
- 128 hours of PTO
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- State of the art technology
Purpose Statement: Under direct supervision, remotely access, analyze, and troubleshoot complex HVAC and DDC control systems
- All responsibilities of Maintenance Generalist
- Conducts technical maintenance and support of mechanical systems which may include HVAC, pumps, motors, valves, chilled water distribution systems, and electrical workstations
- Monitor/maintain/respond to facility events
- Troubleshoot issues identified during normal routine work or emergency response
- Perform Preventive Maintenance routines
- Perform and execute established methods and practices
- Monitor Building/System Conditions
- Maintain shift logs/reports
- Demonstrates high level of working knowledge in assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Recent graduates of a vocational or technical school welcome!
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical education and or exposure to building automation systems preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook and working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May work non-standard hours including weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who the source of our strength has always been. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.