Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Organizes time to cover ongoing priorities and will make arrangements to cover whenever absence is unavoidable
- Understands that rewards are commensurate with effort and invests the time to get the job done
- Uses time efficiently during regularly scheduled hours so that extra hours are not inevitable, but is responsive to additional requirements or demands when necessary
- Increases sales with existing customers by stimulating the demand for currently purchased products and services
- Makes a proactive effort to build volume within established accounts by expanding the breadth of products purchased
- Monitors the potential for growth in volume by regularly tracking the purchasing history and spotting trends or problems in need of a solution
- Sees himself as responsible for facilitating the customer’s reorder and replenishment process
- Focuses on sharing information in an exciting and memorable manner
- Prefers group presentations
- Focuses equally on preparing delivery and content
- Stages a formal presentation to promote a more intangible product or service
- Responds to audience cues and reactions by altering a prepared presentation as it progresses.
- Uses strong personal identification with the product to influence others to promote and sell the product line
- Keeps the direct sales team fired up and committed to buying into a program or plan
- Works with other salespeople to help them close the large or elusive deal
- Breaks up the selling cycle into small increments and sets goals for each step
- Maintains the pressure to move forward through each step without becoming too pushy or overbearing
- Proactively reinforces the purchase decision, recognizing the risk that a product or program can be displaced by the competition.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the continuous education and training of others as a means of increasing their overall competency and productivity
- Prepares more structured sessions to cover the most critical areas of learning for the audience
- Stays on top of information needed by colleagues and clients in an effort to serve as a resource
- Takes responsibility for motivating others to learn and retain key information
- Reinforces what is being taught through periodic repetition
- Regularly assesses individual and group competencies and routinely addresses them by adjusting his/her training
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent business experience. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience selling a structured value proposition.
• Demonstrated achievement in the following skill and competency areas:
o Opportunity Assessment
o Financial and Market Analysis
o Organizational Networking
o Commodity Management
o Resource Management
o Project Management
o Team Selling
o Team Building
o Change Management
o Planning and Forecasting
o Sales Management Process
• Demonstrated ability to drive results within necessary timelines.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Coaching And Mentoring
Hardworking And Dedicated