With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ is one of the nation’s leading professional business services providers, including accounting & tax, valuation, benefits, payroll and insurance. CBIZ is closely associated with Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM), a national, independent CPA firm providing high quality audit and attest services. CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting providers in the country. We serve the nation’s growing mid-market public and private companies, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.
Our CBIZ Chicago office is comprised of several business entities that provide employee benefits, accounting, valuation and payroll services - all working together to help your company grow and succeed.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Planning and managing multiple client engagement and simultaneously
- Reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your client goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Giving clients recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals
- Assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
Standard Accounting Practices