Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The Operating Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems of the W. Wiley Federal Building.
- Perform preventative and unscheduled maintenance as directed.
- Operate building equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Engineer, Project manager or other designated assistant.
- Optimize the repair and operation of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems.
- Respond to client or tenant requests in such a manor to reduce the volume of work orders and the frequency of repetitive calls.
- Assist in fostering a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Assist in the inspection and use of fire prevention equipment and safety equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Work with colleagues, Chief or Lead Engineer, and Project Manager to learn and help others learn to be more effective Engineers and coworkers by assisting in fostering and respecting a safe environment in which to work.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required
- 5+ years’ experience in performing maintenance and operations of building of comparable size. Experience working in a government facility.
- Must possess DC 3rd Class Stationary Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance according to published guidelines.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and the confidence to suggest additional safety procedures.
- Knowledge of HVAC and associated systems employing computer/software-based monitoring and control devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, electrical, plumbing, utilities, distribution systems, and controls, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to repair building systems that are controlled by a central Energy Management Control System (EMCS).
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the trade.
- Must be able at times to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to show proper contract required licensing to perform the duties associated with this position.
- Desire to move up within the organization by demonstrating skill and drive in the tasks assigned.
- Ability to pass an extensive background analysis.
- Ability to use best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems quickly and economically.
- Ability to read blueprint diagrams.
- Ability to use computer software to develop and track progress of tasks; specifically, Excel, Word, email, and Power Point.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
#Chenega Applied Solutions, LLC
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)