Under Supervision of the Director of Housekeeping, the Housekeeping Inspector- Supervisor will be responsible for the daily ownership and operational execution of the Housekeeping Department. This will include the processing of tasks. This position is dependent on both teamwork and a solid foundation based with the mechanical hour capacity, productivity reports and ownership of processes. Supports Mission Statements and Core Values. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Housekeeping Inspector- Supervisor is responsible for supervising, directing and assuring the completion of all housekeeping tasks assigned to room attendants, turndown attendants and house persons, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Able to assist guests as needed and work in a strong, team environment.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts and days of the week.
- A basic knowledge of the hotel is required to ensure timeliness of customer needs that would be outlined in Pre-Shift.
- High School graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience of one-year a plus.
- Able to communicate well both verbally and written.
- Reading and counting is essential.
- Computer efficient in both Excel and Word is preferred.
- Must be able to coach council and develop employees through basic skills and supervision.
- Must be able to motivate by example either on the production floor or, in a classroom environment.
- Needs to have an aptitude to promote minimum levels of skills and abilities that would create a positive outcome, in a hot or challenging work environment.
- Able to establish and maintain a safe working environment according to OSHA regulations, that would protect Service Professionals.
- Ability to follow directions, perform tasks with attention to detail, speed accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, set up and ensure workstations are organized with designated supplies and equipment.
- Ensure supplies and equipment as needed during the shift are replenished
- To report any faulty equipment, linen shortages, maintenance needs, safely hazards and other problems immediately to appropriate department.
- Ensure work areas for the next shift as stocked.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs throughout the day.
- Successfully complete the training / certification process for this position.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Demand Planning
- Team Working