“SGS is the world’s leading inspection,verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as theglobal benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees,SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around theworld.”
The position is responsible for collecting samples of products or raw materials for laboratory analysis by performing the following duties.
- Drives to customer's sites to transfer of coal samples, ore, or granular material to containers
- Ensures sample containers are labeled with identifying data, location of sample, date, and time of collection
- Delivers sample to laboratory for analysis
- Preparation of samples, reduction and division of appropriate sizes
- Gathers samples at specified locations, states of processing and time interval
- Performs sample screening
- Ensures all equipment and containers are organized and cleaned after use
- Working hours depends on the vessel loading schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- T.W.I.C card preferred
- Aptitude for basic math concepts and report preparation
- Position requires incumbent to have a flexible schedule as occasional overtime or weekend work might be required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass both a urine and hair drug screen, an alcohol test, and background check prior to employment
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers.
- Ability to execute detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required time frame.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.