Eaton’s Crouse Hinds BLine Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Reno, Nevada facility. No relocation is provided.
The Supply Chain Manager directs and controls the movement of materials into, within and out of the plant. And manages key materials related functions such as production scheduling, material planning, inventory control, supply planning and in-direct materials purchasing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage and develop team, implement and maintain metrics. Build organizational capability though development plans, mentoring, driving accountability, cross-training & succession planning.
- Manage and develop Shipping/Receiving and Stockroom functions
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Study past business cycles and trends, contribute to the development of specific unit forecasts.
- Utilize marketing projections to anticipate business conditions.
- Coordinate, implement, and continually improve all aspects of computerized scheduling system. Balance work load among supply and demand planners.
- Manage inventory levels in accordance with plant, group and corporate goals.
- Initiating and monitoring a formalized cycle counting procedure to inspect and insure inventory on-hand accuracy and insuring P+L impact communicated to plant finance team.
- Manage plant purchasing activities for items procured on a local basis. Manages tooling/supplies costs and highlights issues and takes corrective actions to ensure plant meets its profit plant objectives.
- Implement methods to support of cross functional goal attainment, supports a continuous improvement culture and provides support for all plant High 5 metrics.
- Ensures compliance with Eaton’s Strategic ERP rules including dashboard monitoring and corrective action when the plant is below goal.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Responsible for the management of daily order activities for shop floor and supply purchase orders, keeping inventory within accordance of predetermined goals.
- Responsible for managing supplier on-time delivery performance.
- Responsible for KPIs such as: OTP, SOTDe, SOTDi, Inventory, Supplier PPM, etc.
- Lead cross-functional Supply Chain projects or others as assigned within the plant.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience within the Supply Chain function in a manufacturing or distribution environment required.
- Minimum one (1) year leadership experience
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Reno, Nevada facility
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Bachelor’s in business or industrial engineering or MBA
- APICS certification
- Minimum of three (3) years direct work experience developing and controlling production schedules and inventory management and/or three (3) years purchasing experience preferred
- Experience managing the following:
- Inventory levels including purchased components, raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods
- Monitoring cycle counting procedures to ensure inventory on-hand accuracy
- Project Management
- Minimum one year ERP/MRP experience
- PC Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Oracle, MFG Pro, MRP system
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Supply Chain Management
Supplier Relationship Management