When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and business oriented person to join us as a Service Manager.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
- Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Ability to manage your own schedule
- Generous bonus potential
- Generous paid time off (including holidays)
- Company vehicle
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Annual performance reviews and salary increases
- Propane discounts
- Career advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
Manages Service Technician's day-to-day activities and is accountable for Service Technician performance as it relates to customer interaction/service, safety and productivity. Works with the District Manager to establish installation and refurbishment benchmarks/objectives. Works closely with District Manager and Distribution Manager as needed to assure that employees are allocated to appropriate activities as needed. Perform site inspections by visiting customer sites before and after installations to ensure compliance with safety codes and Company policy. Interviews, hires, and trains employees. Appraises employee performance, disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems as needed. Establishes a high standard that requires top quality service to customers such that the service differentiates us from our competition in the marketplace.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers and coach others to drive timely and successful results
- Knowledge of trucks and required maintenance needed
- Knowledge of propane along with the safe operation in filling and storing operations preferred
- Above average computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, or related field
- Five+ years industry experience including responsibility leading and supervising other employees
- Valid driver’s license, CDL and DOT qualification preferred. CTEP and/or required state/local/permits/certifications for work performed
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug-screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Use Hand Tool