UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Columbus, Norfolk, Fremont, Omaha, Lincoln, NE, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 75-80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree
- Unrestricted RN license OR License Mental Health Practitioner, LMHP, OR License Clinical Social Worker, LCSW in the state of Nebraska
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting or in a health care role
- Intermediate level of proficiency with experience working with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or provider offices
- Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a behavioral health or clinical degree
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Medicaid Waiver experience
- Case Management and/or Care Coordination experience
- Behavioral health experience
- Knowledge of community resources
- Prior field based work experience
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health, or assisted living
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, RN Registered Nurse, Medicaid, Registered Nurse, Field Coordinator, Home Health, Hospice, Behavioral Health, Home,Visits, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Omaha, Lincoln, Norfolk, Columbus, Fremont, NE, Nebraska, Registered Nurse, Nurse, RN, License Mental Health Practitioner, LMHP, License Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, License, Columbus, Norfolk, Fremont, Omaha, Lincoln, NE, Nebraska