To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Accounting Clerk- Anchorage, AK
SGS North America • Anchorage, AK
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
“SGS is the world’s leading inspection,verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as theglobal benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees,SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around theworld.”
SGS Alaska Division has been the leading full service environmental laboratory in Alaska for almost 50 years. We understand the importance of employing qualified, enthusiastic, resourceful people. Our Alaska operation supports a 60-person staff.
This position is responsible for purchasing all supplies, accounts payable, accounts receivable and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Inspecting all invoices for payment processing; proper approval, account classification, math extension, supporting documentation, matching against purchase order or supply requests
- Accumulates detail for batch control and control of accounts payable reports.
- Answering vendor inquiries
- Following up on supply orders
- Interact with the corporate accounting system, BOSS
The individual will go through an Orientation & General Training Program. The program will consist of participation in training modules to become oriented to the laboratory’s key principles and quality and safety systems.
- High school diploma or generaleducation degree (GED) preferred
- Aptitude for basic math conceptsand report preparation
- Must be able to pass a drug screenand background check prior to employment
- Ability to effectively communicate(written and oral) presenting information individually or in small groupsituations to internal or external customers
- Ability to execute detailed butuninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with problemsinvolving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to follow directionsensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
- Ability to read and interpretdocuments such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, andprocedure manuals
- This position requires an individual who is highly organized, meticulous in technique and attention to detail, ability to prioritize, computer database aptitude and accurate data entry is a must.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and ability to lift up to 50 pounds also required.
- While there is a normal schedule flexibility and a willingness to work overtime when needed is required
• Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. Therequirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement ofduties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job.Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassignduties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran statusor disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you havedifficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability,please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be calledback shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employmentinformation, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficultyapplying for a position due to a disability.