Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch URL blocked - click to apply
to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, under the guidance of Branch Sales Manager, the Inside Sales team to ensure customer satisfaction, associate development, and the achievement of sales goals.
- Supervises, under general guidance of Branch Sales Manager, the distribution and allocation of any branch inventory to ensure accuracy and efficiency of inventory.
- Tracks expenses and other financial issues through budgetary and other analysis to ensure adherence to branch budgetary parameters. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Supervises the branch accounts receivable functions to ensure accounts are current. Acts to ensure branch accounts receivable goals are met.
- Visits, under guidance from the Branch Sales Manager, customers to assess needs and establish rapport.
- Trains branch associates on MSC’s systems and sales techniques to enhance effectiveness of Inside Sales team efforts.
- Acts as the point of contact for all communication with the call centers and ensures any branch issues that would affect call center operations are properly resolved.
- Conducts, under limited guidance of the Branch Sales Manager, regular branch meetings to address any open inside sales issues or opportunities. Addresses any improvement opportunities with branch management.
- Supports outside sales associates by providing information and expertise to contribute to the success of outside sales efforts.
- Supports Branch Sales Manager by providing reports, information, and expertise to contribute to the overall success of the branch.
- Supervises all administrative reporting for the branch including reports for the CSC and local branch requirements.
- Travels to suppliers to increase specific or general product knowledge. Trains other branch associates in knowledge gained to contribute to branch success.
- Performs, under general guidance of the Branch Sales Manager, all duties inherent in the position of MSC Supervisor as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent
- A minimum of three years sales/ customer service experience is required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- One year related industry experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of branch policies and practices is required.
- Advanced Customer Service skills and excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Knowledge of MSC-like products and services is required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.