Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
Ankura is looking for a remote-based Senior Associate to join our ambitious and growing business with ample development opportunities. This role will assist with technical accounting, and play a critical role in day-to-day accounting activities, month-end close, revenue reporting, contract review, financial reporting processes, and the presentation of financial results. This role comes with a competitive base salary, bonus potential, and an excellent benefits package.Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with GL team, Revenue team, Contracts, FP&A, AR, AP, and various business owners on policies, and processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Interpret ASC 606 Revenue Recognition guidance and its application on existing contracts and future billing models
- Research relevant accounting literature and provide technical memos and guidance to ensure that Ankura is accounting for any changes following U.S. GAAP guidelines.
- Participate in cross-functional and ad-hoc projects with various teams including FP&A, contracts, and billing.
- Present monthly revenue changes to business groups and finance leadership and explain the reasons behind material changes in revenue streams
- Participate in day-to-day accounting tasks and play an active role in the month-end close process
- Prepare/review audit schedules and work paper documents, address auditor questions and escalate issues as needed.
- Maintain complex databases and allocations of revenue for management reporting and analysis
- Perform contract reviews to determine the appropriate revenue recognition methodology
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition for contracts obtained through mergers and acquisitions
- Builds exceptional relationships with employees and business groups.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Active CPA license desired
- 2-3 years of experience in public accounting, preferably Big 4
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Technical accounting research experience
- Exposure to and experience with ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas in working with large amounts of transactional data
- Experience with Power Pivot, Power BI, or Alteryx is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Workday experience desired
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
- Contract Reviews