To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
148 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Boston, MA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $450 million, fast growing for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,500 professionals in 50 offices throughout the U.S, as well as in Canada, England, Australia and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career. PCG has been consistently profitable and grown by double digit amounts over its 30 years of existence. This position will be located at PCG's headquarters in Downtown Boston.Responsibilities
The Revenue Accountant will report to the Senior Revenue Accountant and will be part of the Revenue Accounting Team within the Corporate Finance Department. This position will include diverse responsibilities including preparation of account reconciliations, accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts, monthly accruals and general journals, and special projects as assigned. Success in this position will require the ability to independently develop expertise in new areas (often the result of business growth) and then implement processes and/or procedures to satisfy those business needs. Revenue Accountant positions at PCG are designed to provide a wide range of experience for each individual. PCG Finance strives for a collaborative work environment where each individual brings different experiences which can help the entire team learn and grow.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently and is a person who enjoys new challenges. The successful candidate will possess the ability and desire to grow and assume additional responsibilities as the company grows.
- Ensure revenue recognition is consistent with U.S. GAAP, PCG’s policies, and client contracts
- Assist with automating business processes and implementing new tools as needed to manage revenue transactions
- Assist management by preparing weekly and monthly revenue reports
- Process A/R receipts, research and reconcile unposted payments in a timely manner
- Process invoices into accounting software accurately and efficiently
- Prepare revenue, deferred revenue and other revenue related journal entries
- Provide general ledger and reporting assistance to finance staff of subsidiary companies
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and recommend accounting process improvements
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
- Must have the ability to manage task load with frequent interruptions
- Maintain integrity and attention to detail at all times
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Systems knowledge and thinking with a continuous desire to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Possess discretion to work with confidential information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2-4 years of accounting or finance experience
- Prior experience with revenue recognition principles
- Exposure to ASC 606 principles and guidelines
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar accounting software
- Large company experience