To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrisburg, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Telesales Program Specialist
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Harrisburg, PA
Posted 11 days ago
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts via telephone with established and prospective contacts/accounts to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales, profit, productivity and other defined goals.
- Project-based role that maintains flexibility in the support of various MSC growth initiatives within the Sales Organization including but not limited to Government, United States Postal Service, National Accounts, unassigned accounts, Metalworking penetration.
- Duties may include contact management, brand building, relationship building, the ability to prospect and qualify contacts/accounts, initiate and capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Studies and learns the basics about MSC’s products, services, value-adds and fundamental sales techniques.
- Interacts with customers consistent with MSC standards, Culture, and business practices.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team, individual, and corporate sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan in cooperation with management supervision to establish personal goals.
- Learns and fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- 1 year of sales experience that included sales growth accountability required.
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to travel are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Ability of prioritize and manage tasks and projects.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.