Financial Reporting Manager - Mortgage and Long-Term Care Insurance - 27355945
Our Client is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance.
The mission of this company is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long-term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.
They are committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on their employees’ well-being. They know each employee contributes in their own unique way and They are dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, and financial analysis of external reinsurance of the company’s U.S. life insurance companies. This includes, but is not limited to, external reporting of financial results to reinsurance counter-parties, managerial analysis of existing reinsurance treaties, monthly and quarterly close, annual statutory reporting and other responsibilities.
Principle duties will include:
- Monthly and Quarterly Close - The parent Controllership team is a key part of the larger company close. You will be responsible for reinsurance accounting and reporting on US GAAP, Statutory and Chinese GAAP bases, financial analysis of results, and communication of that analysis to segment leadership.
- External Reporting – You will be responsible for reporting certain reinsurance activities to external parties and must be able to produce timely reports and maintain relationships with third parties.
- Lead Life Reinsurance Projects - As a legacy block, projects are constantly evolving to move to new systems, re-insure old blocks and to improve processes. You will be able to manage multiple priorities with multiple deadlines, as well as work to promote efficiency through successful project management. Special emphasis will be in managing projects that support reinsurance activities.
- Year-End Reporting - You will assist the Senior Manager – Financial Reporting with various GAAP and Statutory year end reporting requirements and analysis including but not limited to reviewing/commenting on Statutory Annual Statements, Statutory Audited Financial Statements, and Statutory Management’s Discussion & Analysis for the captive reinsurance entities.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting tools including Discoverer, TM1 and the chart of accounts/general ledger
Education and Experience
- BS in Accounting (required) MBA (preferred)
- Virginia CPA license
- At least 5 years of stable work experience in an accounting role (7 is preferred) involving the following:
- US GAAP and Statutory Accounting
- Chinese GAAP
- Monthly and Quarterly Close
- External Reporting
- Life Reinsurance Projects
- Year-End Reporting
- Financial reporting tools such as, Discoverer, TM1 and the chart of accounts/general ledger.
- Big 4 or regional accounting firm experience (Preferred)
Base Salary: $105,000.00 (DOE)
On Target Earnings: $110,000.00 - $125,000 + Full Benefits Package + Full Expenses + Upward Mobility
Base Location: Richmond, VA
This company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.
Keywords: gaap, life reinsurance, cpa,
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles