Basic Job Functions:
Welders produce welded assemblies from fabricated components per custom or stock specifications in a variety of metals using a combination of MIG, TIG, and ARC welding techniques. Applies knowledge and skill to perform advanced welding duties.
- Minimum Vocational or Technical School certificate on welding trades, one (1) year experience in a welding shop environment or demonstrated proficiency in advanced welding procedures.
- Certified to a moderate level of skill and knowledge to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- High School Diploma or GED
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Positions, aligns, fits and welds together parts using jigs, welding torch and hand tools.
- Proficient with all fixtures and stages without supervision.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler and measuring tape.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Advanced ability to interpret blueprints and schematics, recognizing welding symbols and specifications.
- Basic Math skills and Mechanical aptitude.
- MIG & TIG welded parts as defined in specifications sheets.
- Lead a team of two or more employees. Organizing the day to day welding and fitting operations of a boat or multiple weld cells.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Training of new employees.
- Working conditions are normal for a welding environment where exposure to moving mechanical parts, sharp cutting tools, dust, fumes and airborne particles, temperature extremes and elevated noise level.
- Employees must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and or move more than 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to strand, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection and work boots.
- Assembly And Installation
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Mechanical Aptitude