We are looking for a Program Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our DoD customers. These efforts involve electronic warfare and hardware/software development. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also oversee developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and technical management.
Responsibilities of the Program Manager:
- Managing program personnel to successfully achieve technical and financial program objectives
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Collaborating with project engineers to write and submit ongoing and final reports
- Creating and managing long-term goals
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Developing PowerPoint briefing presentations, whitepapers, and proposals as required
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyzing program risks
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, quality, and team member performance
- Seeking to increase revenue by remaining alert to new business opportunities or expansion of business with the customer and advising senior operations management
- Working program and customer strategy with the leadership team
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and minimum of 10 years of engineering management experience required.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee’s talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.Covid Notice
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
- Program Management
- Computer Sciences
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering