Genesis10 is seeking a Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer for a right to hire position with our client in Minneapolis, MN. Summary:
The Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer leads and executes the quality assurance of mid-large scale technology solutions that deliver business value and reduce risk across the organization, continuously improving time to market.
SQ Assurance Engineers (SQAE) are responsible for defining, implementing and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures that deliver products and services of the highest level of quality and reliability for the business and customers. The SQAE also creates, executes and documents the tests necessary to ensure that application and technical environment meets performance requirements (technical and functional) and free from defects. The SQAE ensures that quality standards are met and adhered to by using their knowledge and quality assurance methods, tools and techniques. The SQAE will resolve, document, and report to management quality problems that arise.Responsibilities:
• Direct and mentor other in technical writing
• Define and develop automated testing scripts for complex environments.
• Lead and understand how complex technical requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative technical test case.
• Lead and understand how complex business requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative test case. Ability to write test cases under the direction of others
• Design, implement and review Test plans and Test Cases.
• Review and understand documentation related to projects assigned and provide test estimates. Gather and publish all estimates in a concise and trackable format
• Lead, plan, coordinate and/or participates all aspects of testing, including automation, Smoke / Sanity Test, Functional Test, Integration Test and Regression Test and post implementation test as appropriate for continuous delivery.
• Lead and manage defect life cycle in appropriate defect tracking tools and proactively identify risks to management
• Provides, evaluates and manages the test status
• Plans, defines and prepares test data to support deliverables.
• Educate project teams on testing methodologies and needed
• Leads and executes the delivery, support and maintenance of testing with one or more areas at a release level.
• Demonstrate deep expertise in one or more assigned quality assurance tasks and mentoring other in QA skills
• Organizational impact results from mid-large sized projects
• Provide advice/counsel to leadership on decisions related to technology strategy.
• Decisions include scope, cost, resources required, schedule, and business risk associated with such initiatives.
• Solve complex problems; taking a new perspective using existing solutions
• Organizational impact may be large and may span multiple internal business areas, field associates or members.Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of applicable experience
• Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Technical writing
• Highly experienced with Test automation and frame work
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated leadership on mid-large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) framework
• In-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and implementing large business systems
• Ability to train others (less experienced) on both methodologies and technologies
• Testing certifications
• Expert in utilizing the Software Development Lifecycle and Software Testing Life Cycle
• Expert in utilizing in software testing tools (i.e. tools used database queries analysis, test automation, test case and defect management, etc.)
• Testing: Mainframe, Web Applications, Desk Top, Mid-tier, Mobile apps with multiple Browser and OS and 3rd party applications (on premise, cloud)
• Lead and execute the test plans for automated cross function testing
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery
• Participate and provide thought leadership in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents
• Lead, develop and execute automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing.
• Implement test plans, automation and validation strategies
• Supports Test Driven Development (TDD) culture
• Works with appropriate stakeholders and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development & deliverables.
• Guides test analysts and develops their skill sets.If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional incomeAbout Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Use Programming Language