Kforce's client, a major publicly-traded financial services firm in San Diego, California (CA) is seeking a Senior Revenue Analyst to join their growing team.
The Senior Revenue Analyst position is involved in all revenue recognition (accretion) activities. This position participates in loading collection forecasts, ensures actual collections and purchases are properly recorded in the accretion systems, and ensures that data is properly used to calculate revenue according to company policies and procedures and GAAP. This position is also responsible for related internal management reporting and external financial reporting, which includes related SEC schedules and footnote disclosures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain monthly financial reports and revenue recognition models to support month-end and quarter-end reporting process (40%)
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual and quarterly financial planning process. Interface with the Finance group to update support for the financial forecasting models (5%)
- Participate in the quarterly revaluation of receivable portfolios collection forecasts and interface with the decision science group in the development of new collection forecasts (20%)
- Participate in the SEC reporting process as it relates to revenue recognition disclosures (10%)
- Provide analytical support in other financial areas requiring significant management estimates that impact the financial statements (10%)
- Bachelor's degree - Finance, Accounting, Economics required; Master/Advanced; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial and/or operational analysis, forecasting or valuation analysis
- Public accounting experience
- Advanced level in MS Office (Excel and Access)
- Critical thinking ability to use software tools to analyze data and develop solutions to accounting and financial tasks
- Sarbanes Oxley and related reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SSRS, SQL and/or Java experience a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.