We are the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer with operations in 54 countries, exceptional financial strength, and a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. We combine the precision of craftsmanship with decades of experience to conceive our craft and deliver the very best insurance coverage and service to individuals and families, and businesses of all sizes.
Chubb’s insurance businesses in North America serve clients ranging from the largest multinationals, mid-size companies and small businesses to high net worth individuals, middle-income consumers and farmers and ranchers.
Who We Are
We are a unique global organization with a culture of individuals passionately committed to our respective crafts. With underwriting at our core, each of us contributes to providing the best insurance coverage and service to our clients. Working together, we are one Chubb. Our highly collaborative, inclusive nature helps us drive better business outcomes through diversity of background, experiences, insights and values. We approach problems with a can-do attitude and are committed to developing deep relationships — all while moving quickly to meet client needs.
Chubb Associate Program
We are looking for those interested in a career that helps people mitigate risk and recover from the unexpected through insurance. We’re seeking candidates with bachelor’s degrees to join our Chubb Associate Program.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for individuals aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, high performing company. We’re driving digital transformation in our business so opportunities abound. These are full-time positions and offer a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our two year program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in one of a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with other early career professionals as well as experienced professionals and engaged leaders. As part of this program you will experience:
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the results of a team
- Collaborative learning and group assignments with program members to help gain broader organizational understanding;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
- Interpersonal effectiveness skill development to help you enhance communication and interactive skills;
- Executive engagement allowing program members the opportunity to network and learn from Chubb’s thought leaders;
- Peer mentoring support to help members navigate through professional situations in their early development;
- A pathway to leadership development opportunities and global assignments
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision initially, The Large Commercial D&O Segmentation Claims Associate performs claims functions within a specific business line while training to become a claims representative. Gains exposure to all facets of a professional claims representative position through classroom and hands on learning. Gradually take over individual caseload as training progresses.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop skills to handle caseload of professional liability claims, including evaluating coverage, documenting file, and participating in and influencing the outcome of the resolution of files
- Develop customer relation skills to allow for communication directly with agents, insureds, clients, claimants and other customers
- Become educated in general legal and insurance principals
- Law School graduate.
- Strong GPA; 3.3 or higher preferred
- Strong customer orientation to respond to and support customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with outside investigative sources and with insureds by telephone.
- Strong analytical and organizational ability.
- Strong PC experience to be comfortable in an automated environment.
- Typing skills of 35-45 wpm to perform effectively with computer screens.
- Works well within a team environment to give and solicit feedback, identify opportunities for growth of self and other team members.
- Believes in own judgment and acts to support or defend own choices.
Case Management System