Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
As a Senior Software Engineer II, you will be tasked with working on our internal Optum Health History Locater (OHHL) application. The Engineer owns the entire product from data ingestion, building and maintaining multiple HA services that work with Terabytes of data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work in tandem with various other Optum infrastructure teams and provide recommendation to move to a better and more stable platform
- Work with end clients directly to address and resolve any issues
- Engineering ownership spans all the way from inception of idea with business and/or technical enhancement, building, quality assurance, monitoring, deployment and providing end customer support
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent degree program
- 5+ years professional experience in a Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Java development
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Spring Boot
- 3+ years of experience with Parquet, Hive, Spark
- 3+ years of experience with Scala
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with Elastic Search
- 3+ years of experience with Mongo DB
- Experience building jobs in Jenkins.
- Experience working with Kafka topics
- Experience working with container orchestration system like OpenShift.
- Ability to write quick tools using any preferred scripting language for data centered products
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Agile development practices
- Experience working with big data
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Experience in automated build /deploy and test environments
- Experience working with multi-shore teams
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum Technology, UnitedHealth Group, Java, Senior Software Engineer, Developer, Big Data, Spring, Boot, Parquet, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Open Shift, Basking, New Jersey, Telecommute, Remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately,#RPO