We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
CNC Setup Technician
Job Description Summary
You will have access to some of the most knowledgeable, skilled, and dedicated team members in the industry to help guide you to your success. You will be a part of a combined crew to work together in continuous improvement of tool performance, support production with adequate tooling and troubleshooting operational issues.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in high volume precision machining environment
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and thorough knowledge of lathe tooling/programming
- Recognize tool paths by interpreting the program (G and M codes)
- Experience with making tool path offsets
- Machine set-ups and change-overs
- Ability to train associates on machining standards
- Troubleshoot daily production problems through root cause analysis techniques as they occur
- Develop machining processes for new products
- Coordinate engineering changes
- Participate in continuous improvement processes
- Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to work side by side with outside vendors in an effort to reduce production and tooling costs.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- GED or High school diploma required
Required Skills and Education
- Hard Turning
- Green Turning
- Part Finishing (Honing)
Not Required - Desirable:
- Programming using and G & M codes
- Knowledge to teach robot and gantry pickup points
- PLC experience
- Knowledge of Nachi robot controls
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.