To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Training Consultant
True Value • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Do you want to make a significant impact? Do you want to help shape the future of True Value's sales organization? True Value has an immediate need for a Sales Training Consultant in which you will provide thought leadership and best practices affecting True Value's 'Sales Playbook' and training curriculum.
Revolutionize Wholesale and join a high performing sales team. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value’s aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
• Embraces personal and professional development
• Values diverse perspectives
• Provides competitive compensation
• Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Under minimal supervision, establishes and implements training programs/materials, including “Sales Playbook” to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales effort. Keeps informed of new training methods via current market practices and competitor sales techniques to ensure “Sales Playbook” and training courses are current and effective for sales personnel. Conducts onboarding and training of all sales representatives and managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Creates process to gather new best practices and changes in the market that affect “Sales Playbook” and training programs/materials.
- Updates “Sales Playbook” and training programs/materials at regular cadence to capture new best practices or changes in the market. Helps embed “Sales Playbook” in the business.
- Creates training material for new sales representatives and for training existing representatives moving into new sales roles. Ensures training materials’ content is clear, accurate, consistent and relevant.
- Conducts onboarding and training of all sales representatives and managers.
- Identifies and coordinates system, process and staffing changes.
- Establishes good relationship with sales representatives, helps them achieve maximum effectiveness for their sales efforts via training programs.
- Manages special projects that improve sales capabilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Five - seven years of experience in Sales Operations including creating training material and conducting training sessions. Comprehensive knowledge of sales policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work experience in hardware/DIY retail and/or wholesale industry is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Training systems.
- Richardson Sales Training experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.