$100000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Accounting position. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a track record of identifying problems and delivering solutions. As the Director of Accounting, you will oversee the day to day of the accounting staff and send reports to the Controller. This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Work with an emerging company in the Financial Services industry by applying to this opportunity through Robert Half.
What you get to do every single day
- Backfill for Controller where appropriate
- Push accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Consider and form Ad Hoc financial reports
- Develop an assortment of policies, technical accounting analyses, and procedures
- Alternative duties as requested
- Steer the accounting team during the closing process to warrant deadlines are met
- Progressive preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Encourage implementation and certify adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Detect and prepare process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Partake in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Establish relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Secure regular account reconciliation to completion
- Help ensure a competent, trained staff through regular assessment, goal setting and development
- send resumes to Luv Mirani
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- CPA an added bonus
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IIA standards
- Deep knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience OR Public Accounting
- Significant accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- send resumes to Luv Mirani
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Accounting (Luv)- Flexible Schedule!!
for more information.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles