Job Number: R0108672
Systems Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact supporting the Navy in Directed Energy system development? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to deliver products and services to government clients in the directed energy field. You will work on complex technical problems, provide highly innovative solutions, develop advanced technology ideas, and guide system development into a final product. You will apply knowledge of the systems engineering discipline across one or more components of the system development life cycle (SDLC), including concept development, technical planning, requirements development, system analysis, system design, integration, verification, transition, operations, obsolescence, and disposal. You will participate in program integrated product teams (IPTs) and drive the proper application of systems engineering processes. You will need to demonstrate expertise in the systems engineering (SE) process for system acquisitions, including systems engineering plans, system engineering technical reviews (SETRs), system certification processes, and specialty engineering activities.
You’ll develop your skills in SE, gaining experience in rapid acquisitions and fielding systems aboard Navy ships, and grow your skills in directed energy technology, integration, and testing. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive the future of Navy directed energy programs.
Empower change with us.
- 10 years of experience with performing systems engineering for weapons systems
- 5 years of experience with US Navy or other armed services’ directed energy systems research and development programs
- Experience with systems engineering requirements and concept development, design and development of system architecture, systems hardware and software design and development, human systems integration; system integration and test, and information assurance
- Experience with Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience in interfacing and coordinating activities with external agencies
- Ability to apply models to support decision making
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with orchestrating the development of a system of interest encompassing hardware or software through its entire life cycle, from requirements determination through operations and system retirement, with an emphasis on domain expert involvement, risk/opportunity management, and tailoring of processes to meet the needs of the specific project
- Experience with combat system integration with command and control, weapon control, networks, display systems, and communications systems
- Experience with requirements management using the DOORS tool
- Experience with working on unusually complex problems and providing highly innovative solutions
- Knowledge of other systems engineering disciplines, including configuration management, risk management, Cybersecurity, system safety, and certification processes
- Knowledge of Laser Clearinghouse and satellite deconfliction
- Ability to create leading-edge principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision and mentor or supervise employees in both firm and technical competencies
- Ability to define system requirements and Concept of Operations (CONOPS), refine them as needed throughout system development, and develop the system design, to include interfaces
- Ability to identify and support the test and integration activities required to verify and validate the system against requirements and needs
- Ability to identify stakeholder needs, explore concepts and technologies to meet those needs, and propose viable system solutions
- Ability to support the operational use of the system to ensure fit-for-purpose throughout its lifecycle until system retirement
- MA or MS degree
- Agile Certified Professional certification
- Object Management Group Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) Certification
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.