Our client, a leading diversified industrial manufacturer of high precision metal and plastic components, is seeking an Operations Manager to join their team in Wellington, Ohio.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management, training, direction and evaluation of the assigned production area. The Operations Manager will also procure the required support functions such as purchasing, training, tool room, engineering, quality assurance and shipping and receiving for their area goals while performing supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including OSHA regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with the customer directly regarding issues concerning delivery and quality issues and standards.
- Evaluate the needs and coordinate support functions for the work teams.
- Facilitate Area meetings and develop and promote continuous improvement activities that are consistent with the organizations operating system.
- Promote team engagement by supporting continuous improvement ideas, communicating with team on a regular basis and mentoring team members.
- Promote a safe and health work environment.
- Responsible for the Area’s various deliverables, including headcount, labor costs and on-time delivery.
- Utilize the manufacturing systems data to set-up a cost analysis and awareness program.
- Provide timely performance feedback and reviews on all team members.
- Facilitate and manage project start-up teams.
- Understand, follow and support the Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)
- 10 years of experience required
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and write in English, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, blueprints and other guidelines from relevant regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must be able to communicate well with others, including top management, manufacturing personnel and/or customers.
- Ability to assemble written and oral presentations, and effectively communicate subject matter to large and small groups of customers and/or associates representing all levels of the organization.
Interested in learning more? Apply now!
Supply Chain Management