To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Focused Ops (Forensics, Intel, Malware) Manager
Apex Systems • Herndon, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manager, Cybersecurity Focused Operations
The Focused Operations Manager reports to the Security Operations Director within the CISO organization. This position is in support of a Defense Contractor security operations center (SOC).
- Investigate alerts and incidents at the Tier III level with the Security Operations team to detect threats and investigate intelligence received.
- Being able to brief the CISO/Security Operations Director to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk
- Understanding threat campaigns, techniques, and indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Collaborating with the Security Operations team to recommend remediation and recovery strategies and/or improvements to the security environment.
- Maintaining situational awareness of cyber activity per the DIB by reviewing open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware, or other threats that have the potential to impact the organization.
- Utilizing a malware and threat repository.
- Working with security tools or with Security Engineering or IT Operations teams regarding logs reviewed or alerts received.
- Utilizing PCAP where necessary.
- Reverse engineering malware.
- Using knowledge and awareness/expertise surrounding hacker/hacktivist groups and advanced persistent threats conducting computer network exploitation and attacks against Defense contractors.
- Ability to recognize signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with preparation for and execution/implementation of such attacks.
- Creating, launching and managing internal phishing campaigns.
- Assisting law enforcement and counter intelligence offices with cyber investigations as necessary; providing forensic and network analysis.
- Managing focused operations staff and support areas to include insider threat, forensics, intel investigation, and malware analysis
- Bachelor's degree and 10-12 years of experience, or Masters and 8-10 years.
- Five (5) years’ experience with cyber intelligence analysis.
- Experience with threat analysis and malware reverse engineering.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or related response team.
- One or more of the following highly desired: CISSP, GREM, GCTI
- Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret or Top Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178