To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Norfolk, VA
Posted 1 month ago
WVEC, the ABC affiliate in Norfolk/Hampton Roads, is looking for an aggressive, creative, and engaging MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist). Qualified candidates should be able to think and perform outside the box and have the background to thoughtfully investigate every story. An ideal candidate will be able to shoot and edit their stories within assigned deadlines when necessary. Stories should be compelling, factually correct, creative and written in a clear, concise conversational manner. Candidates will be required to write for the web, including the attachment of pictures and video in order to enhance the coverage of their stories. They must have a strong presence on social media in order to drive enterprise stories and engage the community.
In this role, you will:
- Enterprise story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for news broadcasts.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original and captivating content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, Electronic Media or related field
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.