Currently seeking a Sr. Metallurgical Engineer responsible for the development, application, and maintenance of quality control systems for materials used in our process. The position works together with internal and external partners to solve issues, and track and measure results
- Represent the company in professional and respectful manner
- Maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information
- Adherence to 5S principles
- Conduct/Control Failure analysis
- Selects material types and chemical composition in conjunction with customer needs.
- Selects heat treat and control cool processing types and parameters in conjunction with customer and internal processing needs.
- Determines need for and selects equipment to support the lab function.
- Performs or assigns analysis of material or transformative processing defects.
- Represents the materials lab for customer/external auditing and visits.
- Supervision of materials lab staff, dependent upon org chart.
- Scheduling and directing the materials lab staff.
- Review and development of materials lab staff.
- Identify training needs and scheduling training for lab staff.
- Performs periodic audits of Supplier Quality Systems for the purpose of assuring continued supplier conformance to the quality system requirements.
- Uses Statistical Process Control (SPC), Advanced Quality Process (AQP) tools and metrics, proactively identifies and implements improvements to supplier quality processes.
- Works with project teams to define deliverables, to plan project, etc. as it involves materials and processing.
- Ensures the area of responsibility follows all applicable standards.
- BS degree in related Metallurgic Engineering or
- 4 years of work experience preferred
- Expertise in advanced metallurgy, supervision, Microsoft Office/SAP, Project Management, Advanced Quality principles, Problem solution and prevention, communication, and customer orientation skills.
- Customer Demand Planning