To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midvale, UT 84047
- Michael Baker International
- Phone: (703) 640-3292
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Transportation Engineer
Michael Baker International • Midvale, UT
Posted 6 days ago
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
As part of our Transportation Team, you will primarily provide planning, design, and construction support for a variety of projects related to transportation engineering. You will be responsible for the preparation of construction drawings and specifications. You will build and maintain important relationships with clients and subconsultants. In addition, our Midvale, Utah office is seeking to expand our transportation engineering presence and you will be a key part of that growth by assisting in developing transportation related project proposals.
- The majority of your day would be spent leading and/or contributing to the design effort on one or more projects.
- Prepare complex studies, construction documents, drawings, maps, reports, and supporting documentation.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates.
- Assist with defining scope of work and man-hour requirements.
- Assist in proposal production and in implementing marketing initiatives.
- Prepare documentation required by regulatory agencies to obtain permits.
- Travel occasionally, as required.
- You'll need a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. If you have an advanced degree, that's even better.
- You'll need a minimum of 8 years of experience in transportation planning and design. A Master's degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
- You should have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You'll need to be outgoing, organized and assertive. You'll also need to be able to network and build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Naturally, you'll need computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- You'll need to be able to use MicroStation and InRoads.
- You'll need to be a motivated self-starter who displays a passion for solving problems, interacting in a team environment, and meeting established deadlines.
- Experience with local UDOT and Utah standards is a plus
- Design Build experience is also a plus