Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position requires the ability to ascertain the proper die and/or tool for the job to be run and the ability to make test runs.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret the necessary die set instructions, and to read blue prints for die information, insert clamp, adjust, bold, and lock press; set gauges, make tryout hit, correct adjustments and tryout piece to inspectors for approval. Must be able to instruct operator on press operations, instruct stock handler that press is ready; remove die at end of run, forward final piece to inspection for approval of die condition.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required
- Must be physically able to lift, push, pull, band and handle weights in excess of 50 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surrounds.
- Must be able to work in environment with welding fumes from robots.
- Must have a basic knowledge of die construction and the working properties of a large variety of materials.
- Must be able to use decimals and interpret simple blueprints which are used for reference and identification of parts.
- Operator would normally have 1 ½ years’ experience working with Continental and Standard dies and with all types of punch presses.
- Requires ability to detect possible trouble in operation of all makes of presses as used in this Plant, by periodic examination of presses worked on.
- Requires the ability to use scale, micrometer, protractor, calipers, etc.
- Materials used are those necessary to make installation.
- Must be able to operate a Hilo and Overhead crane.
- Must work to 1/32” tolerance and see that all dirt, scale chips, slugs, etc. are removed from bed, bolster plate and working area of the die.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
- Tower Crane