To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lynchburg, VA
- Justin McComber
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Counselor - CSAC
Lynchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center • Lynchburg, VA
Posted 2 months ago
We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for at Lynchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center. Hours are Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM-2:00 PM. There is one Saturday every 6 weeks from 6:00 AM-12:00 PM.
Lynchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Substance Abuse Counselor is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist patients in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral problems, assists with modifying problem behaviors; may also provide counseling services to families of patients through an outpatient setting.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepares individual treatment plan for each assigned patients;
- Ensures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents are completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provides crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates patient's needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities is needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social or health services field with 4+ years experience in counseling field and a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor; or master's degree in social or health services field with 2+ years experience in counseling field; degree must be from an accredited college or university
- CSAC or Licensed-eligible Licensure or certification for counseling is required by the state in which the facility operates.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.