Looking for a chance to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence - based medicine, patient safety, practice variation and affordability? You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. Be part of changing the way health care is delivered while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader. Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Director Oncology will provide utilization review determinations and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform utilization review determinations for oncology populations, and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes
- Serve as a subject matter expert in evidence - based oncology guidelines, especially those produced by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), and help ensure all clinical relevant policies and processes are informed by the best available evidence
- Engage and collaborate with treating providers telephonically; This will include discussion of evidence-based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expense
- Enhance clinical expertise of the Oncology team through education sessions with nursing teams, and serving as a thought leader and point of contact for relevant medical societies and stakeholders
- Evaluate clinical and other data (e.g., quality metrics, claims and health record data, utilization data) to identify opportunities for improvement of clinical care and processes
- Collaborate with operational and business partners on enterprise-wide research and clinical and quality initiatives to enhance Optum impact in the oncology field
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi - faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current Board Certification in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty in Oncology
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience (inclusive of Medical Oncology)
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of medical care delivery systems, utilization management, case management, disease management, quality management, product development, and/or peer review
- Experience working with NCCN guidelines
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience in managed care and quality management
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Oncology, Medical, Physician, MD, Telecommute, Managed Care, Oncologist, Work from Home