Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college. The College combines a strong core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and, within the tradition of liberal education, selected professional fields of study.
At Mount Saint Vincent, a student’s education extends beyond knowledge, skills, and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person. In the spirit of Vincent de Paul and Elizabeth Ann Seton, we foster an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other.
Through its School of Professional and Continuing Studies, the College extends its primary undergraduate mission by offering high quality graduate studies in business, education and nursing and an array of undergraduate and certificate programs serving non-traditional students.Job Description
The Associate Director of Human Resources is a full-time, exempt, on-site position. The working hours for this position are 8:30am to 4:30pm from Monday through Friday. As a member of the Human Resources department, the Associate Director will report into the Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator and will be responsible for benefits administration, overseeing personnel changes with staff and faculty, payment of invoices and reconciliation, the onboarding and offboarding process, working very closely with the HR Director on special projects and different functions of the day to day.Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Receive and process all student worker applications, assist with placement of student workers, and enter them into ADP. Process changes and terminations, create files, and answer all questions regarding paperwork.
- Oversee the review and processing of the onboarding process and paperwork for new hires ensuring all steps are completely
- Assign and manage the required organizational trainings via our learning management system (Vector)
- Lead and manage the process for employee leaves including FMLA, NYPFL, STD, LTD, and Worker’s Compensation
- Process, terminate, and audit all benefit enrollments for non-union and union benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension, life insurance, LTD, COBRA, commuter benefits, etc.
- Review and process personnel changes such as rate changes, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in a timely manner all status changes to payroll
- Work with the Office of the Provost to oversee the processing of appointments and reappointments of Adjuncts and Faculty members
- Work closely with Financial Aid on the review process for tuition remission and tuition exchange
- Create purchase orders for all HR office expenses and process invoice payment of all departmental expenses, vendors and union staff dues and benefits
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure invoices are reviewed for accuracy and paid on time
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all employee benefit invoices and deduction reports
- Conduct exit interviews and oversee the offboarding process; send the termination paperwork, and process terminations for benefits
- Respond to all unemployment claims and assist employees with questions regarding appeals and enrollment
- Collaborate with the HR Director on departmental projects and events to help increase engagement and retention as well as coordinating committees and schedules while staying within budget.
- In charge of ordering all supplies for office mainly through W.B. Mason.
- Sort mail and distribute/file accordingly
- In the absence of the HR Director supervise staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in non-profit organizations, preferably institutions of Higher Education
- Experience working with BANNER
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now
- Must have advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and evaluate procedures and make recommendations that are appropriate to improving productivity
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Ability to sit at a desk and/or look at screens for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to use Google Suite and Gmail
Newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., have received both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) and must provide proof of vaccination upon request by the College. Requests for potential accommodation shall be considered in accordance with applicable law if and at such time as a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not provide any medical or genetic information with their application.AA/EOE
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.Benefits
The base salary range for this role is $85,000-$90,000.
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 sick days
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Enhanced Short Term Disability Insurance
- 100% employer sponsored Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Contribution in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing