At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director, Project Controls supports Global Engineering (GE) capital activities across multiple sites (with a predominant focus on our sites in Europe & Asia) within Global Product Development & Supply (GPS) and R&D. This individual will support capital plan development and lifecycle execution of capital projects through implementing project controls methodologies and scheduling in accordance with the Global Engineering Governance model and standards. This role will provide guidance to contract resources throughout the network and apply their knowledge (industry information, internal best practices and standards) to deliver meaningful direction to engineering and finance.
* Up to 50% (expected 30-50%) travel to provide capital project control oversight across our Europe & Asia sites
* Ensure compliance with BMS Global Engineering Governance model, standards, and finance requirements
* Provide project controls oversight of capital projects through regular reviews of change requests, schedule, cost and cash flow projections, risk management, project reporting, and financial audit preparation
* Work with Global Engineering (GE), Finance, and Sites to develop and analyze capital project cash flow forecasts and suggest risk adjustments
* Drive and lead network learning and best practice sharing
* Lead project controls and schedule assessments utilizing external resources
* Provide training to internal and external resources
* Align project controls planning to ensure consistency of project controls execution at all sites and scales
* Provide leadership in the management of relationships between Project Controls, Engineering, Procurement, and operating Sites
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Finance
* 8+ years of experience implementing project controls inclusive of working in a regulated industry (i.e., GxP Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Research & Development)
* Demonstrated project controls skills in budgeting, project change management, reporting and forecasting, scheduling, claims and management
* Strong background and understanding in the planning, design, procurement, execution, and closure of projects
* Significant biologics/pharmaceutical/R&D project experience preferred
* Experience with Quantity Surveyor methods and techniques preferred
* Excellent planning, organizing, analysis, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to analyze project schedules and develop reports and mitigation plans
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Ability to participate in change event analysis and estimating
* Ability to use discretion with sensitive/confidential information
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SAP, Ariba and Primavera P6
* Familiarity with capital project financial auditing
Principal assignment is in an office workspace. Regular business-related travel is required ~30-50%.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Change Management
- Claim Processing
- Commercial Awareness