This well-known contractor is centrally located in Metro Detroit, actively seeking an experienced Industrial Estimator to manage a strong pipeline of industrial and commercial build out projects from concept to completion.
My client is General Contractor who's roots extend back 40 years. Well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent reputation in the Industrial Construction Industry, and has recently begun extending into the Commercial arm of construction. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Industrial Estimator with immediate effect to take ownership of the team.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-through and site visits.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare takeoffs, work with subs and suppliers to secure competitive pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub/supplier buyout information to Project Manager in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience with industrial construction
- Bachelors Degree in a Construction Related Field
- Successful track record with industrial construction projects
- Have great organizational skills, and be able to handle complex responsibilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel.
- Ability to read blueprints and construction documents.
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of project management and accounting fundamentals relating to the construction industry
Reporting directly into the Vice President of Estimating, the position is a high profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits and a year-end bonuses.
- Salary from 80k+ dependent on experience
- Full benefits and 401k match
- Great career growth