To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS Capital Spring IT Software Development Intern
UPS IT • Atlanta, GA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Software development Internships are full-time positions within UPS Capital. The interns will join the new software development and support teams, supporting the Insurance business operation. The interns will assist with analysis and resolution of defects reported by business. Interns will also work on new development for existing software platforms. Interns will participate in business meetings, prepare data analysis, participate in code reviews, present to senior managers, be assigned peer mentors, works with members of the business community and, get a chance to network with supervisors and managers, and receive meaningful evaluations.
- Use Visual Studio for creation of front-end .Net applications
- Provide development support across all of UPS Capital’s internal systems (.Net and Windows)
- Work with development team to correct issues and maintain existing features
- Development of improvements to our existing solutions as required by the company
- Assist in the estimation of tasks, identify possible obstacles and propose appropriate solutions
- Follow company software standards and change control guidelines in developing software
- Detect and predict code defects by peer reviewing code
- Create common SQL objects (Tables, Stored Procedures, Queries)
Desired Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates leadership attributes within classroom, projects and volunteering
- Demonstrates a passion for software development
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems quickly
- Ability to maintain a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to communication with all levels of management
- Demonstrates the ability to perform routine analysis, document approach and findings, and present results
- Has exposure to use of agile techniques.
- Majoring in or have completed a degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- Exposure to developing in a Windows environment
- Experience using Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Has exposure to SQL Server
- Able to work a minimum of 35-40 hours per week
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity