Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- Work on challenging assignments with an internationally recognized architectural/engineering firm that focuses on power and power related projects, which occasionally include first-of-a-kind projects with unique requirements
- Projects include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of architectural and engineering issues for power plant projects, related administration and security facilities, industrial projects, laboratories, and commercial designs
- Coordinate the architectural design with other disciplines, such as structural, HVAC, fire protection, electrical, and plumbing
- Develop and interpret the design basis criteria and work on architectural designs
- Modify and adapt existing architectural design features to meet a variety of situations
- Present architectural design recommendations and proposals to staff and clients
- Assist in the preparation of 3D electronic design models, preliminary and final construction documents and specification sections for buildings and equipment enclosures
- Conduct code and life safety analysis for architectural designs and develop safety reference drawings in support of the analysis
- Conduct energy code analysis in order to develop the architectural drawings and details associated with the building envelope and utilize the proper levels of insulation in compliance with the applicable energy code
- Review and coordinate vendor submittals for conformity with construction documents
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge by way of S&L\u2019s system of processes and associated \u201cCommunities of Practice\u201d
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced architects and architectural designers
- Occasional travel is required
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- 3d Model
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Cladding (Construction)