Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home.
* This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment in the design, modification, and/or upgrade of new and existing power plant electrical systems
* Under the direction of the Electrical Project Lead, you will work with multi-disciplined engineering and design project teams in the development of the following:
* Single-line diagrams
* Relay and metering diagrams
* AC and DC schematic diagrams
* Synchronizing diagrams
* Point to point wiring diagrams
* Cable schedules
* You will produce electrical wiring drawings, and review and incorporate vendor drawings into the overall project design.
* There will be opportunities to accompany and assist in field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
* An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and equivalent technical design experience
* 5+ years of detailed wiring design experience in the development of single-line, and relay and metering diagrams, including medium-voltage and 480V systems
* Familiarity with digital control systems
* The ability to perform the following:
* Produce wiring diagrams and schematics for installers and electricians
* Assist engineers with initial design requirements
* Conceptualize plans and details to accurately convey wiring termination requirements
* Extensive AutoCAD and/or Microstation design experience on power plants or large facility projects
* A thorough understanding of drafting and design practices and theories
* The ability to interface and communicate with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process
- Auto Cad
- Electrical Installation Work
- Engineering Design Process
- Micro Station
- Electrical Diagrams