To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, KS
- Bank of Labor
- Phone: 913.321.4242
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Teller I
Bank of Labor • Kansas City, KS
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled & Vets
Hourly rate of pay: $16.41
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the successful employee performs a variety of teller duties. This position will also assist the Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager in maintaining smooth and efficient operation in the teller windows to ensure that controls that are in place and adhered to. The employee's work influences the professional image of the Bank within the community it serves.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES / EXPECTATIONS:
- Job Performance Behaviors: Contributing to organization success, job-effectiveness, relationships and customer satisfaction.
- As teller, this individual assists in the daily operation of the facility; maintains compliance with security policies and procedures of the bank. The employee provides service to clients by accepting deposits, verifying cash and issuing receipts for checking and savings accounts. In addition, the teller cashes checks by verifying endorsements, obtaining approvals for cash transactions and referring clients to supervisor, manager or officer when appropriate. This position also performs other teller duties such as accepting loan and other types of payments, issuing official checks and money orders, issuing gift cards, processing cash advances on credit cards and redeeming savings bonds. This individual prepares individual daily settlements of teller cash and proof transactions. Referrals to Universal Bankers and other departments.
- Eases daily operations by supervising teller processes: Acting as Vault teller, ordering and shipping coin and currency, balancing the vault under dual control, teller drawer audits, completing a Teller Difference Checklist for teller differences at the branch. maintaining and auditing all logs and checklists for teller duties, completing Hold Review Checklist, reviewing and reconciling any differences on the daily Cash Balancing Spreadsheet and reporting all exceptions to the Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager.
- Promote consumer services and products/referrals
- Ability to uncover customer needs beyond the immediate transaction and being able to successfully transition the customer to the appropriate personnel
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by Division Head, Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager to ensure a continuous workflow of daily operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to prepare or interpret detailed written materials and/or perform detailed mathematical functions.
- Specialized training in basic principles or techniques in specific areas such as, customer service, personal computers, teller banking is necessary.
- Minimum educational requirement includes a high school degree or equivalent with prior sales and customer service experience in a retail banking environment.
- At least 2 years teller experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal communications, verbal and written, is mandatory. This position requires daily interaction with employees, clients and vendors; concise communication, translation and interpretation of various concepts are critical.
- A thorough knowledge of the procedures and polices related to the smooth functioning of the teller, overdraft protection/safe deposit area and a working knowledge of the on-line computer system for information retrieval by using a CRT or teller terminal is necessary.
- Employee should have an understanding of compliance with Federal & State laws governing teller and overdraft protection/safe deposit areas.
- Attention to detail required.
- Previous demonstrated ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Sales skills and product knowledge needed to recommend other bank financial services to our clients are important to the performance of the job.
- Referrals to Universal Bankers and other departments for products and services for the client.