To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glen Allen, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Support Specialist
Apex Systems • Glen Allen, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are actively seeking talented system support and engineering specialists who can own support of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering-focused Production Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of mission critical services. With a passion for devops and continuous improvement you will be encouraged to raise the bar for other support specialists to help take their capabilities to the next level. ?
- Incident resolution and supporting production system deployments while ensuring SLAs are met.?
- Deliver on Time to Resolve and Time to detect reduction efforts.
- Identify and contribute to long-term solutions and preventative techniques.
- Increasing Self-Healing through closed loop automation.
- Progress, protect, and provide for the applications and sub-systems behind all of Capital One’s external and internal customer facing services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. ?
- Collaborating with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance
- Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services? and other cloud platforms
- Equipping systems with automated monitoring and alerting
- Support the team and contribute to designing, writing and delivering technical and process automations to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Capital One’s services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and support new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Identifying and remediating risk to critical and non-critical system KPIs
Basic Qualifications: ?
- At least 1 year of scripting experience in languages such as Bash, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby
- At least 1 year of experience in Application Development or Application Support
- At least 1 year of experience in container technology
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL practices and principles
- At least 3 years of Support experience in one or more of the following:
- Web applications built on open source technologies
- Mainframe - CICS/MQ/DB2
- Database Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/MongoDB
- Windows Servers with emphasis on CMD Line administration
- Unix/Linux/AIX server administration
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- At least 1 year of experience with Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, BlueStripe, Zabbix, HPOM, Diagnostics, Sitescope, BSM, AppResponse, CA-Unicenter
- Familiarity with hosting apps in Cloud
- Must know how to troubleshoot enterprise applications and infrastructure
- Must have the aptitude and desire to learn in a fast paced environment
- Must be a solid performer and team contributor
- Nice to have a candidate who is an outspoken go-getter
- Nice to have a candidate who is comfortable springing into action at a moment’s notice
- 5 years of experience in Application Development
- 5 years of experience in container technology
- 3 years of Unix experience
- 5 years of experience working in a middleware environment
- Competency with Agile Methodology
- ITIL certification
- Technical certification(s) in Cloud or Open Source technologies
- Familiarity with running web services at scale
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way
Job duration: 2 year Contract to direct hire
Location: Glen Allen, VA 23060
If interested in being considered for the opening, please email Anthony your resume at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and include “Application support – RVA” in subject line.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178