My client is an international provider of airline and travel services currently serving over 120 major airports worldwide, and 320 airlines with catering services. The industry leading firm is seeking a Finance Manager to join their Boston team based out of Everett, MA. The main responsibilities of this role include cost controlling, variance analysis, and inventory management.
My client is the industry leading air services provider globally, and currently serves over 120 major airports worldwide. The company was founded in Dubai over 60 years ago, and grew organically over the past several decades into a firm working with over 320 airlines. In its early stages, the firm only offered ground handling services to airports across Europe and Asia, but in the past decades they have vastly diversified their offerings. The firm now offers ground handling services, cargo services, and airline/VIP catering services across the globe. Although the company has approximately 45,000 employees worldwide, their Boston office is quite small. The firm is looking to invest, train, and mentor new employees comfortable with a fast paced environment to join their Airline Catering team in Boston.
My client is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to come into the Boston office and hit the ground running. The firm is looking for a candidate with a thirst to constantly learn, develop, and mentor within the company. The main responsibilities of the Finance Manager will be to head up the cost controlling, financial analysis, and inventory management in the Boston office.
The other main duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager will be:
- Timely and accurately report current month's financial results and in compliance with GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare real-time financial performance indicators and metrics from the units, e.g. weekly flash report, sales report etc.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations to the unit management team that contribute to meeting the financial performance targets
- Review labor, material and operating expenses and ensure costs accurately reflect production operations
- Confirm accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results, investigate and explain book to physical adjustments
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly
- Coordinate with Purchasing on all approved Purchase Orders (POs) and maintaining an invoice log/tracker to account for all invoices associated with those open PO's
- Ensure supplier invoices are authorized and processed in a timely manner
- Coordinates with Head Office Finance team to ensure all revenues and expenses are captured accurately and completely
- Ensure capital expenditure policy is adhered to and approval forms are submitted to Head Office Finance team before orders are placed for fixed assets
This opportunity is Retained and Exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Hunter Salem for further discussion.
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- B.S. in Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with cost accounting, and variance analysis
- Experience with ERP systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Manufacturing experience and/or Food Processing industry experience (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organize and analyze moderately complex financial information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Base salary of $100,000 to $105,000
- Life Assurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- Discounted Travel
- Social Events
- Vision, Health, Dental Insurance
- Long service awards
- Chance to work for a global company
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Analysis Of Variance
International Financial Reporting Standards