To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawton, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR COC
The GEO Group, Inc. • Lawton, OK
Posted 2 months ago
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: 15.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEO’s Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency programs.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates group and individual counseling sessions from a structured manual.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on incoming inmates as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Certification as a Certified Addiction Counselor based on the requirements of the state in which the position works in.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.