Securitas Security Services is looking for high quality, security professionals to fill multiple openings in the St. Louis area. These positions are at several of our most high level corporate sites. Ideal candidates would possess advanced computer skills, impeccable customer service skills, and a professional appearance.
PAY: Flex Officer $13/hr
HOURS: Open availability highly desired
LOCATION: Baldwin IL
Be part of a dynamic security team serving as a Securitas Security Officer as you proudly secure your future. Your dedication to serving our clients will earn you great pay and benefits, ongoing training, and promotional opportunities!!
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
- WEEKLY PAY CYCLE!!!
CAREER & EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Securitas LEAD (Learning, Education, and Development) Program:
- We have partnered with Purdue Global University to provide affordable education opportunities for careers in security, public safety, criminal justice, business, fire science, informative technology, or emergency management
- Online education offering 4 different certificate programs consisting of four 10-week courses per program
- Securitas Security Services will pay 90% of the cost!!! *must be able to meet eligibility requirements*
DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a Security Officer Professional, you will be responsible for observing and reporting activities and incidents at an assigned client site. This will involve, providing safety of client property and personnel, while making periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserving order and acting to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrolling assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
- Protecting evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required
Come be a piece of the Securitas Armor & Help us shield our client from harm!