Associate Claims Representative
Northern California Office
1650 Corporate Circle, Petaluma, CA94954
Want to be there to help customers when they need us the most?
The feeling is mutual.
Now offering a $2,500 Signing Bonus for new candidates! To qualify for the Signing Bonus, applicants must have started their position on or after 6/1/2021 or have accepted a position no later than 12/31/2021. The Signing Bonus will be structured in two, gross, equal lump sum payments. The first payment of $1,250 will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s successful completion of the orientation period (generally the 1st of the month following three complete months of employment). The second payment of $1,250 will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s six-month anniversary from the date of hire. Signing Bonus payments are subject to Federal, State, and Local taxes where applicable. Amica reserves the right to withhold Signing Bonus payments due to potential job performance and/or dependability concerns.
- Take loss reports and set up claims files within diary system
- Handle telephone calls and other personal contacts
- Book new claims, select, modify, and issue acknowledgements letters within 48 hours
- Assign appraisals for outside handling
- Adjust losses within authority, excluding bodily injury claims
- Process letters and loss or expense payments to insureds, claimants, and vendors
- Handle subrogation matters as required or requested
A starting annual salary of $41,250.
The 37.5-hour schedule will be Monday through Friday between the core hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., with the potential to work holidays and a few Saturdays per year.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Maintain state insurance license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Previous insurance, claims, and customer service experience preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Workers' Compensation
- Verbal Communication